Tuesday, 3 June 2014

FERRYGEDDON

FERRYGEDDON

Usually I sleep really well on a ferry but not this time !  I had a sandwich on the way down so skipped supper and settled for a weak earl grey tea in my cabin. Then we left Plymouth and after a quick look out of the round window to see the red buoys sliding by, I read for about 5 minutes, set the alarm for 0530, put the light out and looked forward to an unbroken 6  or 7 hours sleep - not to be! I felt as though I was waking up every half hour or so, eventually putting this down to the position of the cabin directly over several hundred (or maybe thousands) diesel horsepower. The old Brittany ferries were kind of like that with cabins way below the car decks. This one is the Armorique, the flagship of the new fleet with hotel style rooms, TV (no signal) tea making & shower. Speaking of which, I am getting out of bed to have one.


Coming soon....  Another year, another coat of Cruser Uno (just kidding)

No comments: