Monday, 8 June 2020

Birthday Blog

Belated Birthday Blog with Zorba

Here's  bonus blog from June 2020 .  I am really not quite sure why I didn't publish this but since it is cheering me up just to look at this and remind myself just why we are here in Crete.  So not much to read but you might enjoy the pix on a dark February evening!

Also another dribble of news about Al.  It appears from today's conversation with the cardiologist that they regsrd his condition as serious - a 'ticking bomb' as Al puts it.  (I think he rather likes that image.)  So long as he is in the hospital here is a safe as possible, so going home doesn't seem to be an option, at least as long as they are prepared to keep him!  He's really not much trouble!  We have a meeting with the consultant tomorrow afternoon to try to get a grip on just when the surgery might happen, and what factors are in play.  Of course, there's the private route, but somehow I have more faith in the public hospital for the serious stuff - just like the NHS.  Private medecine fine for ingerowing toenails etc!


It's been a while.  It was my birthday last Sunday, and Al's last Thursday.  So first, a big warm thanks to everybody who remembered and got in touch in whatever way.  Of course we don't remember everyone's birthdays all the time.  I think that during this weird time we probably all think about our friends, people we used to know, people who we knew who have died or we have lost touch with. So I suppose I am trying to say that as humans even we introverts have a mental social life! 


Last week we made a trip out to Balos (Βαλος).  This involves an 8km drive on a dirt road then a 40 minute walk down paths and steps to the beach and lagoons below.  The lagoon is warm and has a few fish. It's little more than knee deep so we snorkelled over to the other side before the 40 minute treck back up.  Worth it though.  By the time we left, wehad the whole place to ourselves! We can see the dirt road that runs along the Gramvousa peninsular from our house and on Saturday nights particularly, we see many headlights as cars come back from viewing the sunset. 























No comments: