Thought that if I titled the blog More Waiting, you probably wouldn’t read it. Plus I am running out of photo material. Two dogs seem to belong to the hospital. I wouldn’t call them guard dogs. There’s one that looks like a large black and white sort of collie, and his friend is a smaller black dog. They hang out at the entrance but don’t seem to belong to any particular security guard. They look healthy so someone must feed them.
Our Cat is always obligingly cute, when he’s not trying to eat everything in sight. I suppose being a village cat by nature, he was prepared for a life of bin diving. We both watch the passing traffic. He is definitely under the impression that I am holding him captive, and I suppose I am. He’s making more determined efforts to get out when I come in. He’s less than a year old, and although he’s neutered (to put it politely) he has a lot of energy and loves to explore. Bursts of activity are mercifully short and he is a champion sleeper. When he’s on my lap, he completes his bliss by sucking on his leg. So far as I can see, it’s harmless.
Now for the waiting. We saw the consultant surgeon today, since it seemed to be the only way to find out how long Al can expect to wait before the operation. We waited to see the surgeon. He told us 2-3 weeks. The cardiologists say firmly that Al needs to stay put to avoid the not negligible risk of a major heart attack. I suppose that would get him into theatre faster, but not the best option. He told the surgeon he felt guilty about occupying the bed - although I am not sure he really does. The surgeon reassured him that it’s not a problem. The real issue is ICU space. One of the doctors said that last night they were flat out and trying to work out what they would do if they had one more case to accommodate. So the theatres are not working to capacity. A side effect of Covid. It’s more than a bit galling that these beds are largely occupied by the unvaccinated.
Covid is rife here, as in the UK and most of Europe. Most people might only get a mild infection, but the brunt is certainly being felt in the hospitals.
I will rest the blog for a few days while we settle into some sort of routine and live out the time of waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment