Friday, May 15, 2009
STILL NO PIX
Went to La Rochelle to book rail tickets to get back to London by TGV. They charge a whacking 250 Euros, so have settled for RyanAir to Stansted at around 85 Euros. This is mad! I am disappointed but I just can’t justify the cost against our dwindling Euro budget. And so, children, the planet Gaia was destroyed.
Then a tour of the chandleries to replace flares. The old flares are fine, but past the sell-by. And if you need them (and they are called distress flares) you do need them to work. There was a bad story about a chap who blew a hole in himself - be sure to point them the right way!
Followed by an afternoon at the Internet coalface - how can it take hours to book a flight? Gave up on National Express after being ejected from the card security system. Closely followed by a call from Egg telling me that I hadn’t got through their security. They have been nice enough to let me back into the system, but I’m going to buy my bus ticket at the airport - can’t go through all that again - at least not today.
It’s been too windy to work on the boat much today, anyway. Now I have done all the La Rochelle biz I can get to it tomorrow. Time’s a passing! Showers forecast for the next couple of days so will try to slap on the anti-fouling between them. Heavy showers at night, and the jolly halyards slap around inside the mast. (If you’d like to experience this noise for yourselves, you could try whacking a tightly wound wet towel on a radiator.)
Last bit of biz in La R is to discover why SFR mobile ain’t working. Something about needing a new SIM. Off to Place Verdun.
TTFN
No comments:
Post a Comment