Saturday, 17 May 2008

Al, frogs and crocs

Saturday 17 May
Café, Marans

Al arrived Thursday lunchtime and it’s all been a bit mad since then! More socializing, less (b)log I suppose. My excuse right now is that I am waiting doe laundry to dry in the machine – it’s pretty showery today.
Picked Al up at the airport and we went into La Rochelle for lunch at Minimes marina, then shopping for boat bits and boat shoes. Take a deep breath, Sally – I bought some Crocs, and so did Al. They do work well as boat shoes. Mine are very pretty – lime green with a strap and a flower. Al Has classic ones with a crab!
Yesterday was a mad dash to be ready for the boat to go into the water before lunch. Managed to change fuel filter, dab on the rest of the anti-fouling and do a million other things before launch. We are sneakily on a pontoon that belongs to someone else. (Carol – it’s somewhere near where we went in.) It’s lovely down that end, with ducks, people fishing, lovely trees… and electricity AND water on hand. Paradise. Not really in any hurry to move, but we should aim to be away Monday or the Snork Maiden will get impatient. Once she smells the sea, she wants to go. I would like a little time to take the dinghy into the Marais Poitevin – the Green Venice, a network of canals with lots of birds and frogs.
Also been to the market again this morning. I just want to buy everything! There is also a very good café with an 11€ menu – salad, fish with rice and a crème brule yesterday. Maybe will just stay here and eat and read. Still, Espana calls.
Off to fit new compass, change the engine oil (having just got clean from last lot of filter changing and anti-fouling – next year I will bring my boiler suit) and have lunch – on boat today, otherwise will be knocked out for the afternoon.

No comments: