Saturday, May 10, 2008
Depot Marin
Marans
Short one this morning – much to do! Bike to the loo, check the weather forecast, get bike tyres inflated, buy eggs at market, get into paper suit, mask, goggles and gloves and start sanding the hull. If it’s dry all day, I could get the anti-fouling done (I have a 1-coat product this year, yippee!). My favourite job under the boat is getting the barnacles off the propeller with the electric drill and wire brush attachment. I like it so much that I bought a special circular brush to get into the crevices. It’s very satisfying to watch the bronze emerge and get shiny again. Small pleasures!
I am trying to make a video clip of the yard so you can get an idea of the immediate surroundings. I’d like to show you Marans too, but that will have to wait for another day. I may have a very nasty, jerky pan to upload… watch this space. (The proper video camera won’t import to Mac at any price. In fact it inflicts permanent damage. Hope to circumvent its nasty habits with an SD card.
Off to start my day.
PS I am having problems with email but I think that they may be partially solved. So you can write back to me!
Make sure you use shark@thesea.co.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment