Sunday, 2 June 2013

31 May – My Birthday





First an apology – I really should have taken a photo of my birthday lunch, hosted by Philippe Julien – proprietor of the boatyard here at Charron.  He asked me in the morning to join them for a barbeque. I took long some prawns with tex-mex sauce (courtesy of Super-U), salad and strawberries.  There was more salad, bread, beer and for desert a fabulous gateau and a champagne toast.  I can’t quite imagine this sort of celebration in any of the other yards we’ve stayed in!  Anyway – sorry about the absent photo, but the table and benches were improvised, the barbeque was a pile of wood lit by an electric heat gun and we ate on paper plates and paper towels with plastic forks.
 
So the photos are the sun setting on my birthday!

Coming next: a new old bike!!
 

No comments: