Great evening bike ride. Thia year's bike - found at a French version of a car boot sale - 24€ plus a new inner tube. I'm sure I could have got it for less but too lazy to bargain.
The bike ride went alongside the canal - runs from Marans to La Rochelle. Pretty rough and rutted, so back via the road. The 2 other photos are an old stone laundry - I think you probably see them all over Europe & I can imagine groups of women scrubbing and chatting. I KNOW that's not what we want to do now, but the modern French towns and villages somehow seem to have had a sleeping beauty spell cast over them. Built for a communal life that has steadily diminished.
The bike ride went alongside the canal - runs from Marans to La Rochelle. Pretty rough and rutted, so back via the road. The 2 other photos are an old stone laundry - I think you probably see them all over Europe & I can imagine groups of women scrubbing and chatting. I KNOW that's not what we want to do now, but the modern French towns and villages somehow seem to have had a sleeping beauty spell cast over them. Built for a communal life that has steadily diminished.

No comments:
Post a Comment