This is not strictly speaking a ship's log, but it will tell you when and where Al, Jenny and SNORK MAIDEN are currently sailing, and what's happening aboard - within reason and occasionally unreason.
Sunday, 9 June 2013
MOUL'STOCK
So - at last the great day dawned - and a showery one it was too! The above photos were taken around 1700 and when I left at around 2015 it was just getting going with much thicker crowds! I am trying to mount a video of the act on the right. Their singer was very talented with a huge voice and a talent for mime in that very French style. When I arrived there was a pretty average rock band getting a lukewarm reception, followed by the bunch in the middle - a brass oom-pah band that got the little kids dancing and a lot of adult feet tapping.
There was a very small amount of sponsorship in evidence but it was recognizably a community event, with no admission and local catering. The benches and tables came out as they do at every French village event. People sit where they can, the kids don't throw food and at least that early in the day nobody was noticeably drunk.
I feel a bit pathetic for not having photographed the huge portion of moules and the only slightly smaller portion of frites that I managed to get through - all for a very modest 5€! I always find those events a bit weird when I go alone - I was hoping I might see someone I knew - so I felt a conspicuous enough eating on my own without the added embarrassment of snapping my dinner!
AHA! It's stopped raining - time to change the engine filters. Easier when I can see what I'm doing without hatch closed & weather boards in. This is Snork Maiden OUT.
OH - AND NOW THE VIDEO... ratio is wrong, but give it a go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment