Tuesday, 11 June 2013

6 Days

Now I am on the final job list - Al arrives in 6 days' time - well, technically 7 but I have 6 days left to get the rest of the work done.  A small setback today - I was about to go to Brico Depot or whatever the local monster DIY supplies place is called - and the car wouldn't start.  There followed an afternoon of calls with helpful Chris from the RAC assistance partner in France.  Unfortunately helpful Chris misdirected the breakdown chap (old truck, no GPS, no mobile phone) and so I passed the time putting together my new workbench on the pontoon, and he apparently passed the time driving in circles.  As luck would have it, there is a Citroen repair garage in Marans.  The breakdown chap agreed with me that the battery was fine and the lack of electrics to the starter motor was something else.  (Probably something else expensive.)  He got me going with jump leads and told me not to stop on the way to M. Citroen.
    I walked back - not far - in time to finish the assembly job and take delivery of the sails from the lovely Doris - a local sail  maker - she has stored and repaired the sails over the winter.  We now have telltales on the foresails so no excuse for sloppy sail setting.
    On the positive side, I now have a workbench - a sturdy £20.00 worth, and I decided I didn't need anything from the DIY Depot after all.  Downside: it's going to rain tomorrow.  This morning I reorganized our weather folder, with all the really useful links at the top.  (Anyone out there wants this, I can send a links document. Geared to sailing Eastern Atlantic coasts.)
   
COMING SOON: Port Bound - Going to Sea



    

No comments: