We have decided that it would be good for us to vary our diet of wine and Netflix, so that we (Al and I) will, on alternate days, choose 'an activity' that we will do sometime during the day. I am kicking off with the premiere of an English National Ballet production about Frieda Kahlo. Link below. There's a trailer and an interview with the choreogrpher. Looks amazing. The premiere is at 1900BST, and we will be watching after supper. It will be up for a few days.
https://www.ballet.org.uk/onscreen/watch-party-broken-wings/
Usually I shop on Tuesday, but since we have just experienced Greek Easter, with many gifts of food from our neighbours, including baby carrots, cooked beetroot, red eggs and spring onions, I went today. It's still a bit of an anxious morning, not least because I have to mumble my primitive Greek through my mask to the chaps at the deli counter who can actually speak English. But I try. Three kinds of cheese and two kinds of olives. Apologies to the vegans. We do eat more cheese in Crete than we do at home; I am not kidding myself that the sheep and goats are not industrially reared. When the market is open at Kolimbari it is possible to get cheese from the goats we see locally.
As you can see, the supermarket car park is pretty empty. I haven't seen more than one person in the queue to get in. There is still a hand gel & gloves routine, but some of the older men seem to ignore the precautions, Which is odd since they have multiple risk factors given their gender, their probable smoking history and their age.
After shopping I made a short, not entirely legal trip to the sea, trying to work out whether we can walk there. Probably about an hour's walk each way, so possible. I picked some blue flowers growing near the beach.
Coming soon: The Plot Thickens
No comments:
Post a Comment