I have tried several times to start a blog about 'going inside', talking about my feelings and how we are responding to the challenge of restricted movement, and being faced with planning the next 6 months - and perhaps the rest of our lives. Past blogging experience has indicated that this sort of thing is not universally popular, so I am reverting to the more easily illustrated matters of everyday life. But just wait - I will get around to the abstractions soon. Please read, respond, and prove me wrong. In the meantime...
Like everyone else (or actually 2/3 of the population) I had an adventure in dough - pizza, not bread, Saturday afternoon.
All went pretty well following Jamie Oliver's recipe. His quantities gave me a bit of a sticky mess to begin with. I had to shout for Al to come downstairs and rescue me - hands so sticky and coated with dough goo that i couldn't (a) pause my podcast or (b) open the drawer to get out more flour! The pizza worked OK apart from not being able to flatten the dough out thinly enough, so the pizza base was a bit thicker than I intended. Oh, and what IS a pizza stone and why would I need one? I have frozen 2/3 of the dough so can have 2 more attempts if any of you have handy hints? Thanks to Phil Docking for donating the yeast!
What else? Swimming pool still empty. Here is a morning's haul from the livestock rescue mission. Something wrong with the beetles. They can't seem to right themselves, or to behave normally if we put them onto their legs. We have seen the same thing on our walks. We are wondering if pesticides are doing this.
One more music link: something that Al said last night reminded me of it. We are watching the National Theatre's production of TWELFTH NIGHT. He was talking about his Dad's arrangements of songs in the texts of Shakespeare plays. He would have heard these as a child as Lionel worked at home. Including "Tell me where is fancy bred" from Merchant of Venice. He heard it as "Tell me where is the fancy bread?". So back to dough. Like the Sound of Music . Stay with it.... not what you think!
![]() |
| Al by Nature |
And just one more, before `i start my day!
Here's Al during yesterday's afternoon walk. And here's something that we were listening to yesterday. Al played Churango on this game soundtrack.
Coming eventually: And how do you feel?






3 comments:
Lovely picture of Al , don’t worry about some personal feelings into the blog , feelings at this time have their place too , looks quite a contented lock-in , love the wild gladioli .
The pizza looks great! Is this a rehearsal for a Zoom dinner? Shehina xx
ooo now you're making me hungry :-)
Post a Comment