Thanks to Despoina Papapaschali who lives up the road, and whose family rents this house to us, we got 2 consignments of Easter bread. She claims that the first round was a practice run since she hadn't made it since last year. Having worked my way through the first one with Shehina's marmalade (another neighbour) I am now onto the fig jam (also Despoina's). I think I may be gaining weight!
We realise how fortunate we are to be in Greece, not just because we have a comfortable house and plenty of local walks. Here's a link to the Guardian's article on the success of the Greek Government in dealing with C-19.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/14/how-greece-is-beating-coronavirus-despite-a-decade-of-debt
As some of you know, we have been chasing the dream of building a house in this part of Crete, for a while. We want to incorporate a studio for Al and a 'guest suite' so that our friends and relations can come and share this wild and beautiful part of the Mediterranean. We had hoped that some of you would have been coming out this Spring, to stay nearby and hang out with us a bit. We don't aim for isolation, however glorious. I'm telling you this to spark an interest in our zig-zag progress towards making this idea a reality. Maybe more about this in future blogs.
If you are interested in the simple Mediterranean life, you might want to check out this blog:
http://sidestepping-normal.com/solar-cooking/
I also like this one for completely different reasons:
http://yachtswoman.blogspot.com/2014/01/sailing-on-single-handed.html
Coming soon: The swimming pool and the yellow submarine.
1 comment:
That Easter bread looks lovely- it's so nice hearing about what you're doing in your day to day life out there. Keep them coming xxx
Post a Comment